Feb 12, 2011

Interruption Advertising is Annoying

If you are one of the people in the world that are actually clicking on these obnoxious banners that talk and say "You are the 1 millionth viewer" and the like, you are strange to me. There is nothing that bothers me more than businesses crowding my real-estate on websites.
AND I HAVE NEVER clicked on a banner that yells at me. I typically leave websites that have sound at all.

Through my annoyance of this type of barrage, I have found myself instead rewarding clever advertising. Advertising that is unique and not typical. I don't buy Doritos. I don't. Even though they probably had the most commercials in the Superbowl. I like underdogs, that make me say things like "Whoa! Look at this!" or "Is this for real?!" I love that!

I like when a business says "hey if you want we'll send you emails for free appetizers every-once-in-a-while if you sign up now". Yeah, sign me up. And when I haven't been there in a while and you send me an email saying that "not only do I get a free appetizer but I get a ONE TIME cut to the front of the waiting list any day of the week too" You better believe I'm coming in.

Who do you reward?

PEACE
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment