Feb 1, 2011

Limbo is for Luaus

What does one do while waiting on an artist to finish their art?

EASY: Start on the next thing.
I re-watched this Pixar commercial (for Wall-e) and it reminded me how important it is to keep moving. To use my time, not as limbo, but as a head-start, so that the next story/comic/book/movie/whatever is further along and more developed at an earlier stage. So that's what I'm doing. I'm brain-storming, creating new stories, developing new characters, exploring marketing ideas, crunching production costs, all the little details that would normally overwhelm us early on (and crush us later on) are being reviewed now.

It is so much more fun creating when you give it the attention and priority it deserves. Compared to "Yeah I'll do that next week..." for eternity. I'm not getting any younger, and time isn't getting any easier to find.

PEACE,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment