Jun 24, 2011

Unused Art


As a designer, I wish I could say clients love my work and want to use anything I do without questioning it.

That's just not true.

Here's an unused poster design (with the original photo). The client loved the idea, but thought the final product came across far too creepy. My shattered ego wanted to argue, but they were right. It's too creepy. I worked late nights in a dark studio on this and half expected her eyes to suddenly be open when I would bring up the file.

We went with a much safer, 'illustrated' approach which is also pictured. (For those who are interested, those lines are all vector in illustrator)

Sometimes these things happen leaving me with a great portfolio of things unused. It's cool cuz it's sort of like hoarding ammo for me.

1 comment:

  1. very nice!

    great use of lines for faux shading.

    ReplyDelete