Apr 8, 2011

Why do I hate the weekends?

I don't know.

But, thumbnails were finished last night - sorta feels like I'm starting from scratch, which, I am I guess. Do you think pro comic artists ever feel like that? The feeling of 'back to square one' each month?

That's page 13. I made a sheet of 4 rectangles (basically a line through vertical and horizontal centers) on an 8.5x11 and printed a hundred of them. Pages 10, 11, and 12 are also on this sheet. It makes it easy to X an entire thumbpage out and start over in the next box.

At this stage I map out some dialogue balloons. To help remember what a panel is supposed to be saying, I'll throw in a word from the script - makes it less confusing later. I'll also make little notes to remind myself that an idea is important - like the "Angle" in the first panel. I want to keep that there, and design the layout of the rest of the page according to that angle (which i didn't really do in this thumb).

No comments:

Post a Comment