Mar 14, 2011

My Hiatus

hi·a·tus

[hahy-ey-tuhs]
–noun, plural -tus·es, -tus.
1.
a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.

I guess I took a hiatus without recognizing what it was until it was over. I needed to rediscover my purpose for this blog. I asked myself "Why am I writing to encourage others, when I am discouraged?" "Why do I write about things that inspire me, when no one is telling me they too are inspired?" "Why make a sacrifice for no recognition?"

The conclusion I came up with is this: I don't know.

I guess I need to be willing to make the first move, to make sacrifice not for someone to tell me "Good job you did it!" but because that is what I do.

I want to write on this blog for this reason: When I create (even little silly blog posts) I am growing, and that is not dependent on feedback or the number of followers I have.

PEACE,
Doug

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have a good answer for that. There was a great parable that Stan once told me about a priest and a bishop and a stop sign on an empty highway. I don't remember how it goes, so you just get the lesson.

    If you spend your whole life doing good things for other people and helping the less fortunate and making other's lives bare-able, or even better, then encouraging them to do the same. If you die and there is no great and eternal reward, was it all for nothing?

    ReplyDelete